DEPOTS, TERMINALS AND TREATMENT PROVIDERS
FTA and APSA provide the following services to Australian depots and intermodal terminals:
- Sponsorship Packages
- E-learning induction training package for Sec 77G staff
- Sec 77G licence and Approved Arrangement applications
- Operational alerts
- Weekly Report
- Across Borders magazine
- Submissions and reports
- Networking events
- Consultancy services - tailored arrangements to support compliance with statutory reforms and effective integration with supply chain operations.
FTA administers the Biosecurity Treatment Provider Reference Group (BTPRG) - open to members who are onshore biosecurity treatment providers (Approved Arrangements: 12.1 Methyl Bromide Fumigation, 12.2 Sulfuryl Fluoride Fumigation and 12.3 Heat Treatment).
The purpose of the reference group is to
- collaborate with the Department of Agriculture, Water and the Environment to deliver nationally consistent communications to onshore biosecurity treatment providers;
- support onshore biosecurity treatment providers to develop practical compliance assurances to satisfy departmental requirements;
- coordinate onshore biosecurity treatment providers in delivering a nationally consistent advocacy position(s) to government to lead reform and implement best practice;
- provide avenues for onshore biosecurity treatment providers to communicate consistent advice to depot facilities on best practice and compliance measures (Approved Arrangements: 4.1. Heat treatment site, 4.6 Fumigation and 4.7 Secure unpack for treatment of seasonal hitchhiker biosecurity pests); and
- educate other FTA members and affiliates (incl depots, freight forwarders, customs brokers, importers and exporters) about the obligations of onshore biosecurity treatment providers.
The BTPRG is Chaired by Andrew Christie (Andrew Christie Consulting), who is Australia's premier biosecurity consultant, with technical support from John Park (Head of Business Operations, FTA).
"Interport has found the partnership with FTA on compliance, training and strategy to be valuable for all aspects of our business. FTA has been both an advocate and a friend of our organisation and our industry generally. FTA brings an energy to advocacy as well as a practical understanding of all shipping and freight issues."
Interport Cargo Services